1. Feminist Transformative Leadership in the Academy Workshop, May 23, Toronto Westin Harbour Castle: There are spaces available for this Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Association (OCUFA) event. Please see here for more details.
2. QUFA Bargaining Protocol Advisory Group: As we will begin negotiating the next Collective Agreement in 2014-15, QUFA has created an advisory panel to review policies and protocols governing bargaining. If you’re interested in contributing to this work, contact Executive Director, Leslie Jermyn.
3. QUFA RTP & Continuing Status Workshops on June 25 & 26: Please watch your inbox for details and plan to attend if you will be applying for renewal, tenure, promotion or continuing status this year.
4. Ontario Election Announced for June 12: QUFA will be posting relevant information and links to help Members understand the issues and the candidates on our website – www.qufa.ca – please watch the Take Action box of the main page of the site.
5. Congratulations to the 2014 QUFA Distinguished Service Award Winners!: Marvin Baer, John Holmes, Monika Holzschuh-Sator, and Allan Manson.
6. QUFA Council Representation: July 1 marks the beginning of new terms for QUFA Councillors and committee volunteers. Please make sure your unit is represented on Council in the coming year. Guidelines for how to fill these positions are here. It’s not too late to volunteer for other QUFA committees – contact Leslie Jermyn for more information.
7. Improving Working Conditions for Francophone Academic Staff: Innovative Solutions: The Canadian Association of University Teachers is hosting a conference for Francophone faculty, 6-8 June, in Ottawa.
Have a wonderful summer. We’ll resume the Digest in August.