- Benefit Deadline: The deadline for submitting an application for tuition support is February 28(more information here).
- QUFA Annual Lecture – The Slow Professor: Please join us on February 15, 3pm, at the Agnes Etherington Art Gallery to hear from Queen’s own Maggie Berg and Barbara Seeber (Brock University) on the topic of their recent book, The Slow Professor: Challenging the Culture of Speed in the Academy. This event is open to all and will be followed by a reception at 4:30.
- QUFA Nominations are Open: Please see the January issue of QUFA Voices, page 3, for a full list of Executive positions and a description of other volunteer possibilities. Contact Diane Beauchemin or Leslie Jermyn for more information or to submit a nomination. Elections for Executive positions are held at the Spring General Meeting in April.
- QUFA Emergency Job Posting: QUFA is seeking a Grievance Officer on short term contract (March-May). Full details of the job and application process are here.
- Stand Against the Ban: The Canadian Association of University Teachers is urging all members to sign the American Association of University Professors’ petition opposing Donald Trump’s unconstitutional and discriminatory ban on entry into the United States for people from some Muslim-majority countries. The petition can be found here.
- CUFA-BC Conference on University Governance – Meeting the Challenges of Openness, Accountability, and Democracy: This national conference will provide a valuable opportunity for faculty, staff, university administrators, and government policymakers to address policy challenges and discuss best practices that could form the basis of more effective models of collegial governance. The conference will take place March 3-4 in Vancouver and more information is available here.
- QUFA Meetings: See here for all QUFA and related events. The next QUFA Council meeting is February 16.