1. QUFA Annual Lecture with Ira Wells on April 6th at 2pm: Professor Wells (University of Toronto) will be joining us to talk about the hot-button issue of free speech on university campuses. His talk is titled “Virtue Signals: Anti-Intellectualism and the Weaponization of Free Speech on Campus” and will be held at 2pm, April 6th, at the John Deutsch University Centre, Wallace Hall. This event is free and open to the Queen’s Campus Community.
2. QUFA Spring General Meeting: Please plan to attend the General Meeting on April 19 at Ellis Hall Auditorium at 1:15pm. One order of the day will be an update on the University Pension Plan process that QUFA has been participating in. Watch your email for notice of the meeting and an agenda package.
3. QUFA Nominations 2018: We invite any members interested in getting more involved with QUFA committees to get in touch. Please contact Executive Director Leslie Jermyn or Vice President Stevenson Fergus who chairs the committee.
4. Worldviews Webcast “Free speech on campus: Challenges for minority rights and democratic values”: Please save the date for the fourth annual Worldviews Lecture on Media and Education to be held in Toronto on April 5, 1:30pm to 4:00pm. Professor Sigal Ben-Porath will give a lecture followed by a panel discussion moderated by Rick Salutin. You can participate via webcast and registration is required: http://worldviewsconference.com
5. QUFA Meetings: The next QUFA Council meeting is on April 11. The Spring General Meeting is on April 19, 1:15pm, Ellis Hall Auditorium. See here for all QUFA and related events.