- This event has passed.
Claiming Our Space Together: Black, Indigenous, and all People of Colour staff & faculty social gathering
April 11 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Claiming our spaces, together is an end-of-term social gathering for faculty and staff who self-identify as Black, Indigenous or as a Person of Colour (BIPoC) to connect with and support each other in living well at Queen’s and in Kingston.
Join other BIPoC colleagues who wish to come together to socialize, share our knowledges and experiences of Kingston/Queen’s, and further establish community. If you are looking to meet and socialize with other self-identifying BIPoC staff and faculty, this is the event for you!
Come along for:
– A Brief Introduction to the event.
– A “Living Library”: An opportunity to start/join in on conversations with a few experienced colleagues from different areas of the university.
– Meet & Greet: If you’re looking to connect with others, you’ll be able to mingle with and get to know colleagues across the campus
– Canapés and drinks: finger foods and beverages will be available, and a cash bar will be open.
We hope to see you there!
* If you require any accommodation or have special dietary requirements, please email: email@example.com
Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts Atrium
Thursday, April 11, 2019
4 pm – 7 pm.
** We would like to hear from you! **
Please let us know what you would like to see and be a part of (e.g. events, initiatives, resources, etc.) at Queen’s to support racialized and Indigenous faculty and staff experiences on campus. All responses are anonymous and may be used to inform future planning.
Click here to share with us: https://queensu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9pC3PS8YnUNJMrj