1. QUFA is Preparing to Bargain a New Collective Agreement: The current contract between Queen’s and QUFA expires April 2015. The QUFA Bargaining Team wants to hear from you about issues of concern. Please join us November 24 for a discussion about Pension Options – all welcome! The meeting is at Dunning Hall #14 at 3pm.
2. QUFA New & Returning Member Reception: The event scheduled for 13 November, 3-5pm at the University Club has been postponed to enable more Members to attend at a later date.
3. CAUT Building Stronger Associations: The Canadian Association of University Teachers (CAUT) will be on campus 9 December for a workshop on how we can build a stronger association. If you are involved with QUFA or hoping to get more involved as we gear up to bargain a new Collective Agreement, plan to attend this full day workshop. Lunch is provided so please RSVP to Elizabeth Polnicky by 2 December to ensure sufficient refreshments.
4. Dealing with Difficult People Lunch and Learn: Queen’s-QUFA Conflict Resolution Service is presenting a free lunchtime workshop for QUFA Members and Academic Administrators on 21 November, 11:45am, Robert Sutherland Hall #202. See here for RSVP details.
5. QUFA Bargaining Information: Please bookmark this page for news and information related to bargaining a new collective agreement. If you would like to contact the Bargaining Team, please email email@example.com any time with your concerns.
6. QUFA Meetings: Next Council is Nov. 19 See here for a full list of QUFA meetings.
If you have comments or ideas for future Digests, contact me.