1. Problems with the Scientific Record: Click here to watch a brief report by the CBC on the problems plaguing scientific publishing including shoddy research and predatory publishing. For your convenience, Beall’s list of predatory publishers is here and a site tracking retraction of problematic science is here.
2. QUFA Faculty & Librarian RTP Workshop: For those faculty, librarians and archivists up for renewal, tenure or promotion in the coming academic year, QUFA has scheduled a workshop on June 9, 9:30-11:30am (location TBA) to help Members negotiate the process. There will be an email confirmation with more details and materials later in May.
3. QUFA Adjunct Reappointment Workshop: For Term and Continuing Adjunct Members who want to review processes for acquiring specific or general rights of reappointment or for applying for Continuing status, QUFA has scheduled a workshop on June 8, 9:30-11:30am (location TBA). There will be an email confirmation with more details and materials later in May.
4. Congratulations to QUFA Volunteers: Congratulations to Paul Young, Roberta Lamb, Grant Amyot and Mark Jones, this year’s winners of the QUFA Distinguished Service Award. If you would like to nominate someone for next year’s award, contact Leslie Jermyn for more information.
5. QULA’s Liz Fox Distinguished Service Award: Congratulations to Corrine Laverty, winner of this year’s QULA Distinguished Service Award.
6. QUFA Meetings: Next Council Meeting is 16 May. See here for all QUFA and related events.
QUFA Digest will be pausing over the Spring/Summer, returning late summer 2016 for the new academic year.