1. QUFA Academic Freedom Event – Save the Date! Plan to attend this year’s panel discussion focusing on the intersection of workplace harassment legislation and academic freedom. Join our distinguished panel, Sheila Embleton (York University), Catherine Burr (Western University) and Robin Vose (St. Thomas University & President of CAUT), on April 4th at 2-5pm in Goodes Hall, Room 108. All are welcome to this free event!
2. QUFA JCAA Co-Chair Interviewed on The Sunday Edition: Michael Enright’s interview with Elizabeth Hanson and others on the question of teaching students in the 21st century can be accessed here: http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thesundayedition/extinct-jobs-teaching-in-the-digital-age-ben-bell-s-bassoons-redrawing-the-middle-east-1.3460123/how-to-teach-the-students-of-the-21st-century-1.3460248
3. QUFA Spring General Meeting: The General Member meeting will be held on April 20 at 1:15-3:00 pm in Ellis Hall Auditorium. More information will be sent by email. Please plan to attend and take part in the governance of your faculty association.
4. OCUFA Teaching and Academic Librarianship Nominations are Open: Please see here for more information and note that the deadline to submit a nomination is May 27, 2016.
5. ECampus Ontario Survey of Online Teaching Supports: ECampus Ontario is the provincial portal for online courses. The Faculty Steering Group of ECampus has developed this short (10 minutes) survey to assess the resources faculty need to support online teaching. Our provincial association, OCUFA, is encouraging all faculty to respond whether or not they teach online. The English version is here and the French here. The deadline to respond is Friday, March 18.
6. QUFA Executive Committee Nominations are Open! The following Executive Committee positions are open for election in 2016: Treasurer, Secretary, Grievance Chair, JCAA Co-Chair, Equity Representative, Continuing Adjunct Representative, one Member at Large and QULA Representative (elected by QULA). If you would like to stand for election for any of the first 7 or know of a QUFA Member who would be interested in serving, please email Kayll Lake, Chair of the Nominations Committee.
7. QUFA Meetings: Next Council Meeting is 14 March. See here for all QUFA and related events.