1. Nominations for QUFA Committees are Open!: Please contact Nominations Committee Chair, Lynne Hanson if you’re interested in serving on any QUFA Committees – including the Executive Committee – or in representing your unit on Council. A full list of Committees and Council units is here.
2. Academic Freedom & the Corporate University: Steven Salaita will be on campus 11 March at 7:30pm, Ellis Hall Auditorium, to talk about his experiences with the University of Illinois. All welcome to this free event!
3. Bargaining a New Collective Agreement: The current contract between Queen’s and QUFA expires 30 April 2015 and negotiations are underway. Please bookmark this page for news and information related to bargaining. If you would like to contact the Bargaining Team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org any time with your concerns.
4. OCUFA Writing Compelling Commentary: This workshop is designed for active women faculty who want to “build their professional skill set as academic experts and commentators” in public media. Hotel space is limited so register right away! The one-day workshop is in Toronto (Ontario Bar Association) on 15 May 2015. Registration link here.
5. OCUFA & CAUT Graduate Fellowships: Both OCUFA and the Canadian Association of University Teachers offer fellowships for graduate students. See ‘Announcements’ on the QUFA website for links and details.
6. QUFA Meetings: Next Council Meeting is 19 March.
Look for QUFA on Facebook and Twitter.
If you have comments or ideas for future Digests, contact me.