1. Happy New Year and Welcome Back!
2. “Difficult Conversations” Lunch & Learn: Please join us at the University Club on January 29, 12:15pm for a free workshop with Meaghan Welfare of the Queen’s-QUFA Conflict Resolution Service. Meaghan will talk about ways to manage difficult conversations with work colleagues effectively. See here for more information. Soup, rolls and beverages will be provided. So that we have enough food, please RSVP to Elizabeth Polnicky by email or telephone (613-533-2151) by January 22.
3. QUFA Adjunct Fund Deadline: The deadline to apply for the Adjunct Scholarly Research, Creative Work and Professional Development Fund is February 5. More information and an application form is available here.
4. QUFA Reminder about Faculty 180: If you are submitting an annual report this year, please be advised that the use of Faculty 180 to prepare your CV remains completely voluntary. Please contact Susan Fitzgibbon, QUFA staff, if you have concerns.
5. QUFA Nominations Committee 2018: We invite any members interested in getting more involved with QUFA committees or who would like to work on the Nominations Committee to get in touch. Please contact Executive Director Leslie Jermyn or Vice President Stevenson Fergus who chairs the committee.
6. QUFA Meetings: The next Council meeting is January 16. See here for all QUFA and related events.