- Benefit Deadlines: The deadline for submitting an application for child care expense reimbursement is February 1(more information here). The deadline for submitting an application for tuition support is February 28 (more information here).
- QUFA Annual Lecture – The Slow Professor: Please join us on February 15, 3pm, at the Agnes Etherington Art Gallery to hear from Queen’s own Maggie Berg and Barbara Seeber (Brock University) on the topic of their recent book, The Slow Professor: Challenging the Culture of Speed in the Academy. This event is open to all and will be followed by a reception.
- Congratulations to Lorimer Award Winner Allan Manson!: The Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Associations (OCUFA) has awarded Allan Manson, former QUFA Chief Negotiator and President, for outstanding contributions to improving the terms and conditions of employment of Ontario university faculty through bargaining.
- CAUT Equity Conference – Mobilizing Intersections: The Canadian Association of University Teachers is hosting a conference in Toronto, February 24-25, to explore the question of equity on our campuses. Registration information and an agenda can be found here – register before January 20th to avoid late fees (reduced rates available for Contract Academic Staff and students).
- CUFA-BC Conference on University Governance – Meeting the Challenges of Openness, Accountability, and Democracy: This national conference will provide a valuable opportunity for faculty, staff, university administrators, and government policymakers to address policy challenges and discuss best practices that could form the basis of more effective models of collegial governance. The conference will take place March 3-4 in Vancouver and more information is available here.
- QUFA Meetings: See here for all QUFA and related events. The next QUFA Council meeting is January 16.
Best Wishes for 2017!