1. Migration to “Microsoft Exchange Online” Email and Calendaring: QUFA is working to get you more information about what moving email and calendar functions to Microsoft’s Office 365 means for Faculty, Librarians and Archivists before the opt-out date of 28 January. Please stay tuned to the Events page and QUFA emails, Facebook and Twitter for more information.
2. Adjunct Scholarly Research and Creative Work Fund: The deadline this term for applications to the Fund is 2 February 2014. You are eligible to apply if you have an Adjunct appointment at Queen’s during this term. You will find a link to the instructions and application form here.
3. Bargaining a New Collective Agreement: The current contract between Queen’s and QUFA expires 30 April 2015. Please bookmark this page for news and information related to bargaining. If you would like to contact the Bargaining Team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org any time with your concerns.
4. OCUFA E-Learning Workshop: The Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Associations (OCUFA) is offering a day-long workshop to help faculty members develop high-quality online courses while protecting academic freedom and intellectual property. This will be held on 20 March 2015 at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto. Details and registration here.
5. OCUFA Worldviews Lecture on Media and Higher Education: Simon Marginson (University of London) will deliver a lecture titled, “Universities, the plutocracy and the 99%: Is high participation in higher education the problem or the solution in societies that are becoming more unequal?” The lecture will take place at the University of Toronto, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Tuesday, 21 April 2015. Registration is free and the event will be webcast for those not able to make it – more information here.
6. OCUFA Graduate Fellowships for Social Sciences, Humanities or Arts: These fellowships are awarded to one full-time doctoral student and one Master’s level student at a publicly-assisted Ontario University who have demonstrated academic excellence, show exceptional academic promise, and have provided significant community service in his/her university career. See here for the doctoral application and here for the Master’s.
7. CAUT J.H. Stewart Reid Memorial Fellowship: See here for more information about this doctoral award from the Canadian Association of University Teachers. Applications are due 30 April 2015.
8. QUFA Meetings: Next Council Meeting is 20 January.