1. QUFA Nominations Committee is looking for volunteers. The Committee needs 2 Members to help recruit new volunteers for QUFA leadership and committee vacancies. If you’re interested in serving on the committee or in another capacity, please contact Vice President Lynne Hanson, who chairs the committee, or Executive Director Leslie Jermyn.
2. Fund for Scholarly Research and Creative Work and Professional Development (Adjuncts): The deadline for applications this term is 3 February 2014. Application forms and more information here.
3. QUFA-OCUFA Faculty Survey Underway: Please take 10 minutes to tell us about your concerns about post-secondary education in Ontario. The survey can be found here and closes 17 January.
4. Collapse of Dignity: Public lecture on the 2006 mine disaster in Mexico (22 January, 7pm, Ellis Hall Auditorium). More info here.
5. Computers & Classrooms: Perspectives on Online Learning, Community Conversation: QUFA is organizing an event to bring together experts, users, supporters and critics of online or blended learning to figure out what it is, what it means and how to do it right (26 February, 2:30pm). Watch the Digest and “Events” page of the website for details.
6. QUFA Distinguished Service Award: If you know someone who should be honoured this year for their service to QUFA members, more information and a nomination form can be found here. Completed forms can be sent to Leslie Jermyn
7. OCUFA Teaching and Academic Librarianship Awards Nominations Open: See here for more details.
8. QUFA Meetings: QUFA Council on January 27.
If you have ideas for future QUFA Digests, please contact me.