- QUFA Lunch & Learn: Effective Conflict Management: Learn how to choose the right conflict management style for the situation (more information here). Join us at the University Club on February 26, 12:15pm for a free workshop with Meaghan Welfare. Soup, rolls and beverages will be provided. Please RSVP to Elizabeth Polnicky by email or telephone (613-533-2151) by February 20.
- QUFA Annual Lecture with Ira Wells on April 6th at 2pm: Professor Wells (University of Toronto) will be joining us to talk about the hot-button issue of free speech on university campuses. His talk is titled “Virtue Signals: Anti-Intellectualism and the Weaponization of Free Speech on Campus” and will be held at 2pm, April 6th, at the University Club. This event is free and open to the Queen’s Campus Community.
- QUFA Nominations 2018: We invite any members interested in getting more involved with QUFA committees to get in touch. Please contact Executive Director Leslie Jermyn or Vice President Stevenson Fergus who chairs the committee.
- QUFA Tuition Support deadline is February 28. More information and the application form may be found on the Human Resources website: http://www.queensu.ca/humanresources/wellness-accessibility/employee-benefits/tuition-support-plan
- QUFA Council Meets Provost Bacon: has been delayed to our Council meeting on March 20, 1:30pm, McDonald Hall 1. All QUFA members welcome.
- New CCPA Report on Precarious Work in the Postsecondary Sector: The Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives released a report about precarious work in Ontario’s postsecondary education sector. It is available here: https://www.policyalternatives.ca/publications/reports/no-temporary-solution.
- QUFA Meetings: The next Council meeting is February 16. See here for all QUFA and related events.