1. QUFA Fall General Meeting: All QUFA members are invited to the Fall General Meeting on Wednesday, December 16 at 1:15pm in Ellis Hall Auditorium. There will be an update on discussions of a University Pension Plan (UPP). Further announcements and an agenda package will be sent in advance by email.
2. Queen’s Pension Plan Annual General Meeting: The annual general meeting of the Queen’s Pension Plan will be held at 10am on Friday December 4th in the Biosciences Auditorium (#1101). Pension Committee members and the Plan’s actuary will be present to answer any questions, and an update will be provided on the progress of the UPP.
3. Workplace Stress Survey: This survey (sponsored by CAUT, OCUFA and OHCOW) is designed to measure physical and psychosocial stressors, with a focus on workload. Workload has been identified as a key issue for many faculty but its precise effects on health and wellbeing are hard to measure. Please participate in this survey to contribute to our understanding of this important issue.
4. Success! Campaign to Reinstate the Mandatory Long-form Census: As you have likely heard, the campaign to reinstate the mandatory long-form census for 2016 was successful. Thanks to everyone who took the time to write to the government.
5. OCUFA 2016 Conference – Confronting Precarious Work: will be held in Toronto next February 11-12. The conference will examine the realities and impact of precarious academic work on our universities and consider solutions now and for the future. More information here.
6. CAUT & Harry Crowe Foundation 2016 Conference – Academic Freedom in the Managed University: will be held in Toronto next February 26-27. The focus of the conference is the extension of managerial reach and how it threatens academic freedom.
7. QUFA Meetings: Next Council Meeting is 8 December. See here for all QUFA and related events.