1. QUFA Spring General Meeting: This meeting is open to all members. We will be deciding on QUFA’s operational and job action budgets, considering amendments to the constitution and getting an update on contract negotiations. In addition, Kate Lawson, President of the Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Associations, will be visiting to talk about provincial priorities. Please plan to attend on Monday, April 20, 1:15-3:00pm, Ellis Hall Auditorium. Watch your email inbox for agenda materials.
2. Bargaining a New Collective Agreement: The current contract between Queen’s and QUFA expires 30 April 2015. Please see this page for news and information related to bargaining and job action preparation. Stay tuned for more Bargaining Alerts by email in the coming days.
3. Collegial Conversations Workshop: This workshop will provide you with the skills to engage in collegial conversations while maintaining a productive work environment. It’s open to QUFA members and takes place on Thursday, April 16, 9am-12pm. Please see here for RSVP details.
4. OCUFA Writing Compelling Commentary: This workshop is designed for active women faculty who want to “build their professional skill set as academic experts and commentators” in public media. Hotel space is limited so register right away! The one-day workshop is in Toronto (Ontario Bar Association) on 15 May 2015. Registration link here.
5. QUFA Meetings: Next Council Meeting is 13 April. See here for all QUFA and related events.
Look for QUFA on Facebook and Twitter.
If you have comments or ideas for future Digests, contact me.