1. QUFA Spring General Meeting: The General Member meeting will be held on April 20 at 1:15-3:00 pm in Ellis Hall Auditorium. Orders of the Day include a presentation from Heidi Penning and Shauna Shiels of the Human Rights and Equity Office and a discussion about unit Workload Documents and what they should contain. More information will be sent by email in advance of the meeting. Please plan to attend and take part in the governance of your faculty association.
2. Equal Pay Day Event: Join the United Steelworkers, QUFA and others to acknowledge how far into the next year many women have to work to earn what men earned the previous calendar year. Come to Stauffer Library from 10 to 2pm on April 19th to mark the need for equal pay for women.
3. OCUFA Annual Worldviews Lecture on the Competition Fetish at Universities: Registration is now open for the annual Worldviews Lecture on Media and Higher Education, featuring Rajani Naidoo, Chair in Higher Education Management at the University of Bath. Professor Naidoo will deliver a lecture titled “Beyond the Competition Fetish: Higher Education for Global Wellbeing” on April 13, 1:30pm, OISE Library, University of Toronto. The event is free but registration is required. The lecture will also be webcast, see here for more information.
4. OCUFA Workshop for Academic Women – Increasing your Persuasiveness: This interactive workshop, led by Shari Graydon, offers research-proven approaches, instructive case studies and hands-on practice to increase your persuasiveness. It will be held in Toronto, April 29 at the Royal York. Registration is $75 for regular faculty association members and $25 for Adjunct members. There is more information here. You can register online here.
5. QUFA Meetings: Next Council Meeting is 13 April. See here for all QUFA and related events.